I have been meaning to post for ages but you know what this time of year is like, it is so busy just now and when I do have a spare minute I am normally vegging in front of the TV!
Now this recipe wasn’t created by me, don’t think I have ever created a recipe???? But anyway I have tweaked it slightly to make it more Slimming World friendly and I urge you to try it. It is so light and fresh, the last time we make it we couldn’t help but eat it right out of the bowl like the pigs that we are…….
Anyway here it goes and it makes alot and is best used straight away so just adjust the ingredients to suit the amount you need. I also make this using the shred blade on my food processor so it literally takes about 2 mins to put it all together.
You will find the original recipe here, and the picture at the bottom of the page is also from that website (Which I love by the way, their food is always great. Just a shame most of it isn’t SW friendly). I will update with my own when I make it next. I can promise you though that mine won’t look as pretty!
Syns per recipe: 4 1/2
Servings: 4-6 generous portions
Syns per serving: 1 to be safe
- 180g finely shredded cabbage
- 180g finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 24g finely chopped spring onions
- 9 tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) white vinegar
- 1-3 teaspoons sweetner – I would add a little and taste and add more if you need it
- Stir mayonnaise, white vinegar, sweetner together in a small bowl. Cover bowl and refrigerate until required. Once needed taste and season accordingly.
- Mix all the shredded/grated vegetables together in a large bowl and add the dressing when about to serve. If you mix the vegetables and dressing a while before serving it can make the vegetables go limp so only dress the coleslaw as you are going to serve it.
I urge you to make this, it is really worth it. Would be excellent with homemade burgers……
Now this isn’t my picture as you will notice straight away, my camera certainly isn’t good enough to take a picture like this. Come to think of it neither am I….