I have made this many many times and it is always lovely and so easy to make. It freezes really well and only ever needs a touch more chilli powder once defrosted 😀
It is a recipe I have adapted from the BBC Good Food website, see a theme here, and the original recipe can be found here.
Serves – 2 really hungry people
Syns per serving -Free on EE
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 red chillies , finely chopped
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 250g chestnut mushrooms , quartered
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of kidney beans
- 150g green beans , cut into lengths
- 1 tbsp chilli powder – or less if you don’t like it too spicy
- 1 tbsp tomato puree – 1/2 syn
- salt and pepper
- 1 Courgette chopped if you have any lying around
- Fry the garlic, onion and chilli in fry light for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, mushrooms and courgette if using and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and kidney beans and 100ml water, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the sauce is thickened and veg is tender.