I have been looking for a recipe for chicken chilli for a while and stumbled across this recipe this morning whilst trying to decide what to make for dinner. It is a low fat chilli chicken recipe and was found on the myrecipes site. Now I haven’t made it yet but I think I will attempt it tonight or tomorrow depending on whether I have everything in the fridge for it :-D. I have adapted the recipe slightly to make less and also to make it more Slimming World friendly and as soon as I make it I will update the recipe with any modifications and of course a picture. If in the meantime anyone else decides to make it please let me know how it turns out. The original recipe can be found here.
Serves – 4
Syns per serving – Negligible on EE
- 4 Chicken breasts – chopped into chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 400g tin of chopped tomato’s
- 1 tbsp tomato puree – 1/2 syn
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- Spray a large saucepan with fry light and over a medium heat add chicken to pan. Cook chicken, until starting to brown.
- Add garlic, onion, chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring often until onion is tender.
- Stir in stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.