This is a recipe that I found on the BBC Good Food website which I have changed slightly to make it more Slimming World friendly and also to suit my tastes. Original recipe can be found here.
Serves – 2 greedy people
Syns – Free on Extra Easy if adding cheese as a HE
- 6-8 Morrisons Syn free sausages
- 4 Red Onions – cut into quarters
- 400g Tin chopped Tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Small handful of torn basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of powdered sweetner
- Salt & pepper
- Chilli powder – to taste
- Cheese – either synned or use a HE
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the sausages, whole garlic cloves and onion into a roasting tin and spray with fry light, then roast for 20 mins.
- Remove the garlic from the tin and squeeze out of the skins and back in with the sausages.
- Lower oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6, then tip tomatoes and stock over the sausages. Add sweetner, chilli powder and most of the basil, season, then stir well
- Return to the oven and roast for 20 mins. **
- **If using cheese remove from oven after 15 mins and add cheese to the top of the casserole and return to the oven for a further 20 mins.
I like to serve this with either mashed potato’s or pasta. The sauce is usually quite runny so either remove veg and reduce sauce or have as it is which I usually do 😀