Well I have to attend a graduate recruitment event tomorrow which will take up most of the day. I have been really struggling to think what I can make to take with me, I will have a small lunch before I leave but as it runs until 7pm. I figured I would need something else or I would start eating anything. Anyway this is a recipe I have made before and is on the BBC Good Food website here (I love that site) and I have adapted it slightly to make it as syn free as possible.
Serves – 4
Syns per recipe – 1 as only using Pataks Tikka Masala Paste, update syns accordingly if a different one is used.
Syns per serving – I would say 0.5 just to be on the safe side
- 250g Couscous
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 can of drained chickpeas
- 1 pack of Morrisons Chicken Tikka Fillets chopped into pieces
- 1 tbsp hot curry paste (Going to use Pataks Tikka Masala as only 1 syn and add extra chilli powder for extra heat)
- Chicken Stock
- Make couscous up as per pack instructions with the chicken stock
- Fry off the chopped onion with frylight
- Once the onion is soft add the curry paste and stir.
- Add the chicken, chickpeas and couscous and stir until heated through
And that is it, very simple and tasty and will do me nicely tomorrow when I am starting to flag a bit 🙂