This is my fool proof recipe for Leek and Potato soup and there isn’t much to it at all! I don’t like the creamy blended soups so I had to come up with my own recipe to satisfy my soup cravings and this hits the spot every time. I will warn you though, it can tend to stink the house out so leave a window open or invest in a chefs candle!
Servings: Usually about 3 or 4
Syn value: Free on extra easy and green
- 2 large leeks
- 2 medium potato’s
- 2 chicken stock pots or cubes
- Pinch or two of mixed herbs
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch or two of cayenne pepper
- Split leeks lengthways and give them a good wash. Then slice up the lengths, as thick or thin as you want
- Peel and chop the potato’s. I usually make mine quite chunky.
- Boil the kettle with about a litre of water and spray a large pot with frylight.
- Fry the leeks until starting to soften. Then add the potato’s
- Pour the boiling water into the pot until all the vegetables are covered and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer until the potato’s are cooked and hey presto a healthy filling soup!