This has been borrowed from the SW website. Original recipe can be found here.
I haven’t tried this yet but as soon as I do I will update this post with how it was and any changes/additions I made.
Tuck into traditional British tucker with a generous helping of beef stew – perfect comfort food for early autumn evenings!
Syns per serving:
1 Syn on Original and Extra Easy,
5 on Green*
If not using steak as a Healthy Extra, add 6 Syns per serving.
Tip: If you can’t find shallots, use 2 onions, peeled and sliced.
- 12 shallots
- 2 carrots
- Fry Light
- 567g/1lb 4oz braising steak, all visible fat removed
- 1 level tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 bouquet garni
- 170g/6oz closed cap mushrooms
- 2 level teaspoons onion gravy granules
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Peel the shallots. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the shallots and fry for 5 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the carrots, place in the pan with the steak, tomato puree, bouquet garni and 852ml/1½ pints water. Cover and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Halve the mushrooms, add to the pan with the shallots and simmer for a further 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the gravy granules and stir until thickened. Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.